Am not absolutely sure there is such a word as muralling…..or if it should be spelled muraling……but I’m too tired to go and Google it.
Tonight after much huffing and puffing and more measuring I finally got the balustrade painted more or less by guess work. Maybe my brain is more intelligent than a measuring tape. The trouble with things like balustrades is that they don’t look good if every little pillar is a different size and shape. And an arch should really be …..arch shaped and more or less the same size all over. And vertical lines should be….er.. vertical. In a painting it’s easy enough to get vertical lines by using the edges, however I am painting in an arch and I can’t reach the top. The space is 290cms high and 315 wide…at the bottom.
However, progress was made and I have a plan for tomorrow. At this point I should say that my scale drawing is not right. I obviously don’t know how that happened.
Tomorrow I hope to finish the composition.
I enjoyed walking home afterwards. My new jacket is keeping me very warm.
Other than that I didn’t do much today. I was a little bored so did some housework. Having a friend round tomorrow was an incentive.
It’s been very windy all day and looks like it will be the same all week. It wasn’t very noticeable walking home until I turned into my street.
It’s lovely to sit here and relax now. I’m really enjoying using candles for lighting in the evenings.
I think there is a new episode of Graham Norton on youtube to watch .
And I have a box of wine to open.